Wednesday, October 23, 2013

More Projects

As if I don't have enough on my "to do" list, Halloween is approaching.  My daughter decided in the summer that she has had enough of fairies and princesses and wants to be something scary.  These materials have been sitting on my sewing table for about six weeks.  I think I'd better get moving on the costume sewing with only eight days to go until trick-or-treating.  I'll post the completed costume soon.  Hopefully.


Yesterday I bought the baby two white summer dresses for only $12.99 each!  I am going to combine the two to make a christening gown.  I am not into the lacy, super long christening gowns, so I think these simple cotton dresses will work.  With a few embellishments of course.


This morning I was adventurous and experimented with my smoothie recipe.  I used a banana, a cup of pumpkin puree, two teaspoons of cinnamon, a cup of spinach, and almond milk.  It wasn't bad at all!  It could have probably used some extra sweetener of some kind, but it was a good way to use up leftover pumpkin from muffins or pies.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment